MIRROR

MIRROR
 
I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions. Whatever I see I swallow immediately Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike. I am not cruel, just truthful - The eye of a little god, four cournered. Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall. It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers. Faces and darkness separate us over and over. Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me, Searching my reaches for what she really is. Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon. I see her back, and reflect it faithfully. She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands I am important to her. She comes and goes. Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness. In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish. 


ESPELHO

         Sou de prata e exacto. Não faço pré-julgamentos. O que vejo engulo de imediato Tal como é, sem me embaçar de amor ou desgosto. Não sou cruel, simplesmente verídico — O olho de um pequeno deus, de quatro cantos. Reflicto todo o tempo sobre a parede em frente. É rosa, manchada. Fitei-a tanto Que a sinto parte do meu coração. Mas cede. Faces e escuridão insistem em separar-nos. Agora eu sou um lago. Uma mulher se encosta a mim, Buscando na minha posse o que realmente é. Mas logo se volta para aqueles farsantes, o brilho e a lua. Vejo as suas costas e reflicto-as na íntegra. Ela paga-me em choro e em agitação de mãos. Eu sou importante para ela. Ela vai e vem. A cada manhã a sua face alterna com a escuridão. Em mim se afogou uma menina, e em mim uma velha Salta sobre ela dia após dia como um peixe horrível.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Amigo leitor esse espaço é todo seu colabore com críticas e sugestões.